Fort Awesome Edition
Todays links of interest:
- The decay of serious journalism and Rachel Maddow’s new show
Beautiful takedown of those worried about Rachel Maddow’s new MSNBC show, reminding us all that between the time Michael Kinsley left CNN and Keith Olbermann started making waves at MSNBC, TV punditry was totally and utterly dominated by the Right. As it continues to be, despite the ongoing Big Lie of Left-Wing Media Bias, a Lie continually perpetuated *because* of that domination.
- Judge: Copyright Owners Must Consider ‘Fair Use’
One for our side. We still await the explanation of how videos of little kids dancing to Universal Music songs harms the copyright holders of those song, and in this particular case, isn’t Fair Use.
- New Microsoft Tech Converts Photo Soup Into 3-D Image
Photo soup: tasty, but always needs salt.
- Comcast: No New Traffic Management Plan Yet
We have an idea for a Comcast Traffic Management Plan: every single Comcast internet subscriber go to a different ISP.
- Denver Residents Open Their Doors (and Couches and Floors) to Convention-Goers – The Caucus Blog – NYTimes.com
Because if there is one thing that binds Democrats together, it’s the ability to couch-surf!
- Staind Face Off With Jonas Brothers In Chart Race
Not really that much difference, is there?
- Microsoft Pays Seinfeld M to Push Vista
Alex Trebek: "For 00. The answer is ‘Microsoft and Jerry Seinfeld." World: "What are two things that peaked in the 1990s?"
- Jerry Seinfeld: Microsoft’s New Million Pitchman
In the old days the computer Seinfeld never used was a Mac. I can see the new Microsoft commercials now. "Hi, I’m Jerry Seinfeld. For million I switched to Windows Vista. What’s your price?"