In A World Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Suge’s Alleged Victim: How’d I Get Butt Naked?!
Man, if I had a dime for every time I asked myself *that* question . . .
- Logitech Squeezebox Boom: The ultimate Wi-Fi radio?
Well, I think I know what I want for my birthday.
- Comcast to Cap Internet Usage for Customers
Once again, we think that Comcast Internet Customers — even ones who think that they will never get close to the cap — should think about alternate ISPs. That’s certainly one way to reduce the amount of bandwidth flowing through their pipes.
- Steve Jobs’s Obituary, As Run By Bloomberg
- Facing Cuts, Editors ‘Relax the Rules’ to Make Swift Changes
This is the modern world.
- ABC News: ABC Reporter Arrested in Denver Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors
It’s nice to know that some things never change.
- Computer Virus Infiltrates Laptops at International Space Station
Oh no! It’s the Cylons! Take the Laptops offline! Take them offline!!!
- Legendary Voice Don LaFontaine in Critical Condition
In a world where talent is often tossed aside like so much fairy dust, one man has made thousands of movie trailers and hundreds of thousands of commercials. Now, he faces his greatest challenge, and in his darkest hour, draws support from everyone who has ever imitated his legendary style.
- Apple iPhone ad banned by Advertising Standards Authority over misleading internet claims | Media | guardian.co.uk
If it weren’t so sad, it would be funny.
- Sorkin to write Facebook story for big screen
In the tradition of Oliver Stone’s "W," only coming from a much more hostile perspective.
- Peter K Austin’s top 10 endangered languages