Drill, Baby, Drill Edition
Todays links of interest:
- McCain Winning Coveted "Stock Photos" Demographic?
The Republican National Convention is turning out to be a huge boon for stock photo sites.
- Republicans Take Heart; Heart Takes It Back
The Wilson sisters object the use of their song "Barracuda," but we have to note that the whole flap just goes to show how much the country has migrated to the left since that song was written in 1977. Imagine George HW Bush taking the stage in 1980 to a song that rocked that hard. On the other hand, we’re still talking about a song that is 30 years old, which does mean that it’s right in the GOP pop-culture wheelhouse.
- Fears the LHC activation may destroy the Earth are "completely unfounded"
Apparently, the effects of the experiment are comparable to the natural bombardment from the Sun. Whew! Hey, wait a second . . . OMMFG! THE SUN IS TRYING TO DESTROY THE EARTH!!!!
- White House adviser: payroll data not recessionary
He then added, "the unemployment rate going up to its highest in 5 years is only considered recessionary if a Democrat is in the White House."
- Fans Go Viral Over Fox’s ‘Fringe’
Sorta, kinda. The people behind the Cloverfield online juggernaut (can we say that?) continue with Fringe. Interesting thoughts and ideas here that need to be pondered…like, is 2000 a day really viral?
- TV Time-Waster: The Best Pilots Ever
"Lost," "24," & "The Sopranos," sure, but not "SNL," and "30 Rock," both shows need time to get going. And the rest? No.
- The Family Guy Goes Online
Let the great Seth McFarlane/Google experiment begin!
- Online TV Grows in Popularity
People like flexibility and on demand programming. Who woulda guessed? Note that YouTube remains highly popular, reminding us that it’s not an enemy, but a potential partner.
- Some Sony VAIO Users Have Been Hot And Bothered For Years
We actually use ours to heat our home in the winter.
- Fresno Resident Graduates From Harvard With a 4.0 GPA, Now Works at Blockbuster
And all this time we thought you needed a degree from Fresno State to work at Blockbuster.
- Dell Plans to Sell Factories
Dude, I’m getting a Dell . . . factory.
- Shoe Circus – Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates
million for this? Microsoft is doomed.