Putting Lipstick on Liars Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Why aren’t women furious about Sarah Palin?
Cintra Wilson: "Sarah Palin is the sexual front of the culture war and the embodiment of the bold social engineering stance of the new authoritarianism that Republicans have been employing ever since they stole the election in 2000."
- Yahoo announces social networking app for iPhone
Hey! Remember us? Before social networking and the anywhere internet, we used to be a big big deal!
- Yahoo News Redesign May Pull a Technorati, Why Not Twitter?
Trying to keep up with the users is a tough game when doing a site redesign. Especially when one goal is promoting your own properties.
- AOL Pushes to Win Back Lost Subscribers
AOL continues to flail and flounder as it tries to find relevance in the new new world.
- Apple Offers Networks More Price Options for TV Shows
Apple blinks. Why?
- Oasis postpones concert after Gallagher assaulted
Even the biggest Oasis fan among us is actually surprised it took this long for one of the Gallaghers to be attacked onstage.
- North Korea dismisses reports leader Kim is ill
"How can he be ill when he’s not even alive? Oh. Wait. Hey, that’s off the record, OK.?"
- Biographies of Potential First Ladies Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama Available on Kindle Months in Advance of Physical Book Publication
Some interesting tidbits throughout, all pointing to changing distribution mores.
- Obama to Palin: ‘Don’t Mock the Constitution’
But, but, but…? Haven’t the Republicans been doing that for years with their "unelected judges" line? Aren’t they dissing the Constitution every time they say that?
- John McCain campaign launches ad blasting Barack Obama’s ‘lipstick’ quip
Doesn’t the McCain campaign have any comment on the issues? Remember those? Oh wait, that’s where they lose.