Task From God Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Tech Czar Might Rule Policy Under Obama
We’re all for this, but please, let’s not use the word Czar. Perhaps uber-geek would be more appropriate.
- Tribune blames United Airlines article mixup on Google
A "single visit" to an archived story pushed it to the most viewed articles, and Tribune is blaming Google? Uh, Tribune? It’s 2008. Get your act together.
- McCain Ad Featuring Katie Couric Removed From YouTube
Is it us or is it troubling that a candidate for President of the United States repeatedly and deliberately abuses copyright protections?
- Please Buy My Record: The Futility Of Flogging Music
Ah, yes, no matter who does the selling, you still have to find a buyer.
- Neal Stephenson, "Anathem"
As always with Mr. Stephenson, we’re totally looking forward to digging into to his latest book, which like the others, looks huge in every imaginable way.
- Lauren Conrad Inks a Three-Book Deal
- Rock band Yes to tour with replacement singer
I’m reminded of the time that Yes turned into the Buggles. Sadly, it wasn’t just a bad dream.