It’s Always A Night For Comedy Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Battlestar Raiders On Sale!
It’s not too early to start thinking about Christmas presents for your friendly ‘lopers. And a Battlestar Raider replica would be just about perfect!
- Google?s End Run Around the Wireless Carriers
Gotta figure that the wireless carriers will have a few things to say about this.
- Vint Cerf, father of the internet: ‘web is running out of addresses’
Forget the financial crisis, this is serious!
- David Blaine: President Bush’s speech messed up my ‘Dive of Death’
Yes, David, regardless of whether or not the President had anything useful to say, we’re sorry that his latest speechification about the economic crisis put a crimp into your lame-ass BS stunt. We can only hope that your next attempt at diving to your death is more successful.
- Judge Declares Mistrial in RIAA-Jammie Thomas Trial
This is easily the best piece of news we’ve heard all day.
- HBO: The Life & Times of Tim
Well, it makes sense: Superman has had many many shows dedicated to him, so perhaps it’s time for Tim to finally get one.
- Letterman unloads on McCain for not showing up
Quoth a McCain spokesperson: "this wasn’t a night for comedy." Such bollocks. 1st off, thanks for letting us know that. We’re glad that one of the services that a McCain administration will provide is the knowledge of when it’s OK to laugh. Sigh. Which is why you go on Dave’s show — knowing that he’s as smart and well-informed as any "serious" journalist out there and absolutely willing to do straight talk about an important topic — and share your thoughts about the economic crisis. Except when your only thoughts are "gee, I hope this goes away soon."