To Everything, Spin Spin Spin Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Tim / Pleased to Meet Me / Don’t Tell a Soul / All Shook Down
An unusually smart, nuanced and well-written take on the second set of Replacements reissues.
- The last days of David Foster Wallace
Oh gods, he couldn’t write. Perhaps the best writer of our generation, and he couldn’t write.
- New clickjacking affects all browsers; cause remains unknown
Looks like we’re all heading back to Lynx. And Pine.
- CJR: The Elephant in the Control Room
The elephant being Andrea Mitchell, wife of Alan Greenspan. On one hand, she had inside information. On the other, given the circumstances, can we trust her objectivity.
- Advertisers Warm to Racier Web Video, Though Not User-Gen
Give it time, give it time.
- Google Founder Lobbies FCC to Free Spectrum
Let our spectrum go free!
- For Record Companies, Optimism Over Sales of CDs
We choose to bring you some good news.
- Russian regulator sees funny side
The Simpsons, South Park are cleared for viewing in Russia. We’re sure it has nothing to do flagging revenues for the station that aired these shows.
- CBS News Executives "Aggravated" By Letterman’s Use Of Internal News Feed: Report
Hmmm. Maybe we should ask Letterman what he thinks about this.
- Judge: Microsoft doesn’t owe Alcatel-Lucent .5B
Maybe not the best case or ruling, but we’re happy to see some relief in the patent madness.