Joe The Plumber Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Sacramento GOP Web site encouraged people to ‘waterboard Obama’
Nice. Knowing that they can’t win on the issues, this is what they are trying to reduce the election to: games with letters. And these people try to paint the Democrats as being unpatriotic, despite the fact that the actual problems facing our country — nevermind the solutions — are the furthest things from their tiny, hate-filled minds. Hope may not be a strategy, but fear sure as frack ain’t a solution. Three more weeks.
- Warner Chappell reveals Radiohead?s ?In Rainbows? pot of gold
From just about every measure, Radiohead’s "In Rainbows" experiment was a success. One of the biggest takeaways from this is that it was number #1 as a physical CD three months after being available for free as a digital download. The logical conclusion, of course, is that the free downloads served as an advertisement for the album. Another logical conclusion: downloading is not so much killing the record industry in the manner that they’ve been screaming about for the past decade.
- My Year Of Flops, Totally Bitchin’ Case File #121: Earth Girls Are Easy
Just one of the many reasons that Earth is such a great planet!!
- Sarah Palin?s Advice Column
Who knew that she was so multifaceted?
- Suit against God thrown out over lack of address
At this point God is just skating by on technicalities.
- Rolling Stone ends large format after 4 decades
We believe this is somehow important, but can’t figure out why.
- McCain’s YouTube Takedown Inspires Fair Use Fervor
Finally, the candidates are talking about the copyright question.
- Anne Hathaway?s Ex Tries to Reduce Prison Term
Bollocks. This guy broke Anne Hathaway’s heart. Throw the book at him!!!
- Matt Taibbi and Byron York Butt Heads Over Whether McCain Deserves Blame for the Wall Street Meltdown
Matt Taibbi rocks!
- Oliver Stone Assigns Motive to Dubya’s M.O. In W.
- Batman theme composer Hefti dies
A moment of silence for Neil Hefti . . . OK, all together now: na na na na na na na na na na Batman!!
- Is Lauren Conrad Leaving The Hills?!
"I’ve been doing it for five years now. Five years on TV is a really, really long time." Five years? Seems like she’s been boring America for much much longer than that.
- Woman changes name to a URL to protest dissections
She left off the http://, which is probably for the better.