Todays links of interest:
- My Year Of Flops, Disgustingly Patriotic Case File #122 The Rocketeer
"Alas, it had the misfortune of opening two weeks before Terminator 2, so it could have boasted the most beautiful woman in existence and a cameo from J.D. Salinger and a resurrected Jesus Christ, and it still would have bombed at the box office."
- AC/DC’s Black Ice Sells Nearly 800,000
Considering that it was 1) CD-only and 2) Wal-Mart only, you gotta give it up for AC/DC’s relentless old-school approach.
While we appreciate to revitalize the classic unforgiving snark of Fucked Company, it’s hard to take seriously any blogger who doesn’t understand how and when to use an apostrophe. "ImpreMedia.com Starts Layoff’s" is bad enough, but "Xanga.com Let’s Go Of 5/7 Developers" is just pathetic.
- ABC only major TV network not airing Obama infomercial
Well, besides the ballgame, "Pushing Daisies" is pretty much the only thing worth watching tonight anyways . . .
- Girl finds ,000 inside Richard Simmons tape
Truly. That is all.
- ‘Speeding muppet’ snaps baffle police
Striking back against those omnipresent traffic cameras.
- Chuck, "Chuck vs. Tom Sawyer": Chuck’s got the touch
Just wanted to point out that with "Mad Men" gone, and "Heroes" utterly unwatchable, "Chuck" is the only hour-long TV show that is bringing the goods, week after week. It’s certainly the show that one of your ‘Loper households actively looks forward to the most right now.
- Tomasky talk video: Prop 8 – California’s gay marriage vote
Thrilled to have worked with one of the people in this video as an example of a stable, happily-wed lesbian couple. NO on 8.
- Microsoft says next Windows won’t be as annoying
Yeah, that’s the kind of headline you want written about your company.
- Booker T. and the MGs join Musicians Hall of Fame
- An Obama victory could mean hard times for cartoonists
Yet another story the liberal media has been covering up.
- Scarlett Johansson is a clone?
Really?! How many more are there? Just out of curiosity.
- Authorities say skinhead plot wasn’t fully formed
They seldom are.
- Led Zeppelin to tour, record without singer Plant: bassist
No! No! No! A thousand million times NO!!! A Led Zeppelin reunion without Robert Plant is like, well, actually, it’s the type of thing that we would use to compare *other* lame, stupid, unbelievable things to.
- Seven-year-olds sing against same-sex marriage
Brought to you, no doubt, by people who believe that homosexuals are the child abusers.
- WTF Happened To The Los Angeles Times?
- Christian Science Monitor to Publish Online Only
Interesting, scary, cool. Not necessarily in that order.
- Walmart MP3 hits 74 cents, gains Mac support
And by "Mac support" they mean that Walmart’s lame-ass web developers finally learned how to write standards-based HTML.
- Dolly Parton Hates White Space Broadband
Yes, but she also admits she doesn’t know what the hell she’s talking about.