Happy 26th Birthday to 90.7 KFSR Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Mourning Old Media’s Decline
Things are bad all over. But especially at newspapers.
- Where’s Joe?
Joe the Plumber stands up McCain. McCain declares "you’re all Joe the Plumber!" Sounds kind of Socialist to me.
- Hubble Up and Running, With a Picture to Prove It
So on one level, you say, "oooooh, pretty picture!" And then, on another level, you realize "Holy crap, these are fracking GALAXIES I’m looking at!!!"
- Following the Script – Obama, McCain and ‘The West Wing’
At the very least, this might goose sales of the highly underrated final season of "The West Wing." Though, the fictional Vinick stuck closer to his straight talk and principles than his real-life counterpart . In any event, let’s hope that this election ends the same way as that one did.
- McCain leads Ohio’s litter box ‘Kitty Caucus’
So, McCain is the anarchist candidate?
- The Hold Steady/Drive-By Truckers Post-Election Rock ‘n’ Roll Hangover
We’re looking forward to the Los Angeles date — the final show — of this tour. How could we not? It’s the two best American Rock ‘n’ Roll bands — maybe the two best Rock ‘n’ Roll bands in the whole world — playing together.
- Joe the Plumber May Have Country Music Plans
Is this before or after the reality show?
- Is There a Doctor in the House? David Tennant Quits Doctor Who
Not entirely unexpected, but at least one of the female ‘Lopers is going be very disappointed to hear this.
- Rockers refuse to throw the horns for white space broadband
First Dolly Parton and now this. Rob Zombie will forevermore be known as Rob the Anti-Whitespace Zombie.