Two Steps Forward, Don’t Say I Didn’t Warn You Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Fox’s long-running ‘King of the Hill’ canceled
- Palin Fears Media Threaten Her First Amendment Rights
The country, however, should fear the fact that she doesn’t have a friggin’ clue what the First Amendment is.
- Neal Stephenson (BSS #245) : The Bat Segundo Show
Let us repeat: Neal Stephenson on the Bat Segundo Show. Not sure the world can handle this.
- Why I love the melancholy Peanuts holiday specials
- Microsoft parks "I’m a PC" recording booth outside Apple Store
Oh yeah, this will totally work. Because someone who’s decided to buy a Mac wants to be reminded of Windows right outside of the Apple store. You know, just in case you forgot how much you hate Vista between the time you left your home and arrived at the mall to buy your new MacBook.
- Facebook May Be Growing Too Fast. And Hitting The Capital Markets Again.
They say Facebook may have a million a month electric bill.
- ‘King of the Hill’ Canceled
The best thing about "King of the Hill" has always been its unrelenting consistency. Sure, every season had a couple of duff episodes, but overall, you knew that you could tune in each week and it would deliver the funny. Had a non-cartoon sitcom kept the quality up for this long it would be lionized on the level of "Seinfeld" or "Cheers." Instead, I worry that "King of the Hill" will end up a footnote to the two ground-breaking shows that made it possible: "The Simpsons" and "Beavis and Butthead." But 30 years from now, devoid of the cultural context, it might just age better.
- WiFi thermostat puts power (and cooling) at your fingertips
Oh hell yeah!!
- Utah Jazz Owner Bans ‘Zack and Miri Make a Porno’
He also owns Utah’s Megaplex Theatres, and his personal squeamishness about sex has led him to this act of censorship. Talk about anti-American. We would like to encourage the crowds at all Jazz road games to chant "Por-NO! Por-NO!" and are happy that he can’t stop the good people of Utah from ordering the DVD from Amazon in a few months. Luckily, in today’s world, all acts of censorship are EPIC FAILS.
- Netflix streaming comes to TiVo
Good for those of us who have TiVo, but the streaming-only part seems like a bit of a waste of a TiVo’s capabilities.
- Windows 7 Upgrade Chaos Looms
In other words, a normal Windows upgrade scenario.
- Media gets picky about ‘Porno’ ads
Porno. Porno. Porno. Porno, porno, porno. Porno. Porno porno. Porno. Porno. Idiots.
- Palin says Obama infomercial short on specifics
Right, because Winky is the Queen of Specifics.