Piemaker Who Edition
Todays links of interest:
- As a talk-show host, Costello’s aim is true
Elvis Costello hosting a talk show is an idea that should have become a reality two decades ago. So yeah, we’re excited.
- Nixon archives shed light on his campaign to investigate enemies
Oh, Richard Nixon, will your abject paranoia never not be interesting?
- Apple Axes Antivirus Help Page
Move along. Nothing more to see here, citizen.
- Kanye West, Taylor Swift Top Guns N’ Roses On Albums Chart
A lotta reasons for this: after 17 years, fewer people care; it’s been leaked a zillion times; it was only available in one place; oh, and it’s really not all that great. Because if it was, those leaks would have goosed sales instead of depressed them. A lot of people who loved GNR in the past — one of those right here! — were underwhelmed by the leaks and thought "maybe I’ll check out the next one in 2025."
- Rising royalties send Yahoo’s Launchcast to CBS
Yay! Less variety, less competition. That new royalty structure is *awesome*.