Don’t You Think She Looks Tired? Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Bill James urges his colleagues to boycott the BCS.
We really don’t care that much about College Football, but even from our disinterested viewpoint, it’s obvious that the BCS is a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham. It’s even worse that the current MLB (really FOX) practice of trying to create interest in the MLB All-Star Game by giving homefield advantage to the winning league.
- Missing Steve Jobs at Macworld.
Reminds us, for some reason, of a question posed in an old graffito that used to be up at the men’s room at the Wild Blue in Fresno: "What do you call a drummer without a band?"
- Norwegian Wouldn’t: Radio Station Unaware That Giving Away Beatles Songs In Podcast Form Isn’t Exactly Legal Either
Nice try, though.
- With freedom comes anxiety: Kyle Chandler on ‘Friday Night Lights’
It’s finishing up the run on DirecTV and coming back to NBC next week. And with a third season that fulfills (though doesn’t surpass) the first, you have no excuse whatsoever to miss it. The Taylors are quite possibly the best written and portrayed married couple in the history of TV. Period.
- Hemingway archive opens in Cuba
We quote: "Cuba has opened up electronic access to thousands of documents belonging to the writer Ernest Hemingway, who wrote some of his greatest works on the island."
- Bob Mould Enlists Michael Azerrad to Write His Autobiography
Cool. Mould is definitely one of the all-time ‘Loper icons, and we’d love to read his take on his life. But not as much as we’d love some Husker Du reissues . . .
- No Cash Left for Digital TV Converter Box Coupons
That worked out well.
- Something Different: iPhone Book App With Audio Sync
We do like fun new stuff!
- Hunter S. Thompson Motivational Posters
Finally, Kirk can finish decorating his office!