It’s The Beginning of a New Age Edition
Todays links of interest:
- Time Warner’s Warner Bros. cuts nearly 800 jobs
Ouch. Really. It’s going around the entertainment business.
- Online TV Sites Battle for Viewers
As online stations offer the same content, what qualities will distinguish them from each other? How will one thrive over another?
- Jaguars quarantined after zookeeper attacked
See, here’s the deal: jaguars do what jaguars do, and if we’re gonna keep them in zoos, we have to accept this. So tired of the animals being punished because we have this bizarre need to cage them against their will.
- Playboy: The Hugh Hefner Story
We bring you some good holiday reading.
- How the Big Gulp Approach to News Makes Readers Scram
Rearranging the decks isn’t going to save newspapers. Rethinking how information is presented, maybe.
- Matthew Weiner back with ‘Mad Men’
Change? We don’t need no stinkin’ change.
- BSG RECAP: ‘Sometimes A Great Notion’
Jim’s recap of last Friday’s mind-fracking return of Battlestar Galactica.