Here I Am . . . Let’s Make Records Edition
Todays links of interest:
- The Greatest Snack Food Stadium Ever Built
Trust us: the pictures don’t do it justice. Nor do they convey the actual smell.
- The Day the Music Died: The End of Indie 103.1
L.A. Weekly looks at Indie 103.1, and the hole that its death leaves in the L.A. radio soundscape.
- Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh After Firing Back at Obama
Stupid Democrats. Here’s how to repudiate Rush his ilk: succeed. Restore America. Instead of talking about how outraged you are (heaven forfend!), shut up and show the world just exactly how wrong he is, and how wrong he always has been.
- Bart Simpson Somehow Became Affiliated With Scientology
From the Wrong on Every Level Department.
- Smokes now tax-free for foreign diplomats in US
Yeah, that’s the way to stimulate the economy and promote healthy lifestyles. Thank you George Bush for keeping your priorities straight right up until the end.
- Conde Nast Shuts Down Domino
Okay, now it’s personal.
- ?Lipstick Jungle? May Get ?Friday Night Lights? Treatment
On a day of is it a trend or a stunt news, we see a major network looking beyond the traditional approach for programming.
- So What Do You Do, Kai Ryssdal, Marketplace Host/Senior Editor?
At least one of us loves, loves, loves Marketplace — and here’s a profile of host Kai Ryssdal, the guy who keeps the magic flowing on the daily show.
- A Legal Thriller: Michael Jackson Sued by John Landis
It’s probably too late for this advice, but getting into business with Michael Jackson is a bad move.