Today’s links of interest:
- New Proof of (Long Tail) Concept
Though we don’t actually require proof, it’s not a bad thing to have. See proof, believe.
- Satellite shows are interfering with some FM stations
Yeah, yeah, yeah — this time, it’s not what you think.
- MGM to Handle Domestic Distribution of ‘Rocky Balboa’
You’ll know it as "Rocky VI". Or given Stallone’s age: "Rocky LXVI"
- Poker Movie Confirms Online Casino Sponsor
Talk about a royal flush!!
- Starbucks aims beyond lattes to extend brand
They will stop at nothing less than total control of the entire culture. And you’ll let them, too . . . otherwise they will cut you off cold turkey from your hot coffee. Bow down to Starbucks! BOW DOWN!!
- Battlestar Galactica Wins Peabody Award
Imagine reading this phrase just a couple of years ago. You would have just laughed and laughed. Now, of course, you can’t imagine why it shouldn’t win a Nobel Prize (for awesomeness!) as well.
- Net neutrality field in Congress gets crowded
Looks like Congress has finally found religion on the Net Neutrality issue. Now if we could just make sense out of all of these competing proposals.
- Yahoo is winning in the portal wars
Yahoo’s portal dominance comes as no surprise. What is a surprise though is that GMail and Google Maps are still also rans. Apparently people still use Mapquest.
- TV Shipping in the Valley of the Amazons
Some things should go without saying, but just in case this one doesn’t, we’ll repeat: Do not order LARGE electronic devices from Amazon. That’s what Best Buy and Fry’s are for.
- Christians display less passion about `Da Vinci Code’ debut
Because they know that it will be out of theatres in two weeks.
- Microsoft Gains Another Enemy
Just add ’em to the list.
- Where No Auction Has Gone Before
A massive auction of Star Trek stuff. How massive? We think that they are actually putting Tim up for auction!