Today’s links of interest:
- Can Superman Be Saved?
Apparently not, according to Michael Warren, writing in that major bastion of film comment, the Miami Poetry Review. He believes that nothing will ever top Richard Donner’s 1978 film, which he obviously saw when he was 7 or 8, and never quite got over.
- Emerging from the wreckage
More fun in the new world, also a way to work Lost into today’s daily posts.
- The Bat Segundo Show #42
The future is aluminum.
- Online advertising spend forecast to outstrip national newspapers
At this point, noted only because the [email protected]#$ website makes you go through a "commercial" to get to the story. Meaning, they’re buying the hype of their headline.
- Times eyes more foreign deals
Ah yes, another newsprint publication (in tabloid format!). That should work.
- HD DVD Forum working on region codes and China-only format
And, in other news, they continue to strike a blow against people who, shall we say, move from country to country in legal and legitimate manners?
- Frank Drebin’s Almost Ready To Roll, And We’ve Got The Street Date!
The word on the street date for "Police Squad!!"