The Indian writers would watch Web coverage of the Pasadena City Council meetings and then write up stories about those meetings. The City Council gets comprehensive coverage, and Pasadena Now editor saves money because he gets two writers for under $20,000 per year total. Everybody wins!
Then I thought, well, if someone in India can use the Web to cover News of Pasadena, then why not the other way around? Why I can’t I use the Web to cover the News of India while sitting here in Pasadena? And, BTW, I’m doing it for free, so beat that, Mr. Pasadena Now Editor!!
So without any further ado, we present the first of Medialoper’s Coverage of the News of India From Pasadena:
- Magic of Mayawati: BSP grabs power in Uttar Pardesh — Apparently, there is some kind of political struggle going in Uttar Pardesh, and the BSP is winning. Go BSP!! Unless they’re bad, then boo BSP!!
Torch procession in heroes’ memory — I guess that India is ahead of us in watching the TV show, Heroes, because many of them are obviously sad about the ones who died in the season finale. WARNING: SPOILERS!!
- Road accident kills 10 in Orissa – This could be a wake-up call to OrissaTrans that the roads have seriously decayed. Somebody needs to propose a bond measure or something.
- FACT seeks inquiry, denies leak from its plant – This one’s easy: how can you disbelieve a company called FACT? If they weren’t telling the truth, their name would be LIE.
- Meet the Ravi Shastri of Indian Hockey – Joaquim Carvalho — It’s about time that someone else validates exactly what I’ve been saying for years about Joaquim Carvalho!! If he’s not the Ravi Shastri of Indian Hockey, then tell me who is!
- Mehbooba pictures leaked! – First, those Britney Spears pictures, and now this!
That’s the end of our first report of The News of India. Stay tuned to Medialoper as we continue to use the Web to cover all of the goings on in this amazing, fascinating country.