Todays links of interest:
- William Shatner DVD Club
Unlike the Stephen King Book Club, because instead of DVDs starring Shatner, you receive DVDs that he “recommends.” So more like Oprah for geeks.
- Stop a cable thief, get $50,000
At first, Lopy thought “wow, that’s pretty good coin for ratting out my neighbor about his free HBO, I’m in” but it turns out that people are stealing cable equipment and may be selling it to dodgy operators in Central & South America.
- Another ‘Saturday Night Live’ Video Removed from YouTube
That didn’t take long. However, a YouTube search on “Natalie Portman Raps” this morning turned up five results . . .
- Theme of London Book Fair Is What Technology Can Do
And they say the publishing industry can’t learn and grow.
- Ad agencies sore over leading TV network
Apparently advertisers in India aren’t getting the blanket coverage they had paid for. The network is passing the blame to the cable operators. Also: instead of cable channels being grouped in tiers, in India, they are grouped in “bouquets”
- Video games for the elderly: an answer to dementia or a marketing tool?
This just in! You don’t have to learn the intricacies of bridge. Pong will save your mind.
- TiVo Plans to Expand TV Recording to Cell Phones
Good idea: allowing TiVo users to use their cell phones to schedule recordings on the box at home. Perfect for those “oh crap!” moments.
- As Newspapers Retreat, Will Local Communities Follow?
Take a deep breath, it’s gonna be fine. There’s always a chance that your local community will go stronger, or, maybe, we’ll be redefining our notion of community. It’s all going to work out. Trust us.
- CBS Will Offer March Madness Free Online
CBS Desk: It is possible that they’ve gotten something right? One is almost afraid to hope.
- bloggers for movie
Best. Craigslist. Posting. Ever. per hour for blogging a film? Less than minimum wage? Is that even legal? Wait a second, getting paid anything for blogging? Count me in!