A PC World blog has published photos of a pair of Origami devices — including the Samsung Q1 — on display at the CeBIT electronics show in Germany. It’s really hard to tell much from the photographs, which look like they were taken surreptitiously with a cellphone, and kinda have same perspective as pictures from Mars: is that rock 3ft tall or 300ft tall.
In any event, an accompanying article explains the following:
- It’s a handheld, measuring 6″x8″
- They are calling it an “ultramobile device”
- It runs a “special” edition of XP
- It will support WLAN; bluetooth & 802.11
- It will have an XP independent multimedia player
- It will have camera, GPS & gaming functionality
What the article didn’t explain, and I guess is up to Microsoft’s marketing department, is exactly why I might need one.Ã‚ However, that didn’t stop Microsoft’s stock from going up after the announcement.