While you were wondering if the Colorado Rockies were ever going to lose another game ever, here’s what we were looking at:
- Scalpers vs Teenage Girls – And the winner is . . . Billy Ray Cyrus!! Also, good on Ticketmaster for going after the auto-scalpware makers. Two sentences that I thought I would never write.
- The Wilco Songs on TV Shows Watch – Well, that was a bust. What we thought was a trend turned out to be just a coincidence, after all.
- Can The Music Industry Really Have It Both Ways? – They’ll try, but in the end, they aren’t going to have it any way. Except, of course, by suing each and every single one of us.
- The Kucinich Campaign Stumbles Into Second Life – All of this talk about the nerds taking over the country and yet the nerdiest candidate in either party can’t get enough love despite his obvious greatness?
- The Week the Music Industry Came Unraveled – Somewhere, over In Rainbows, Music Executives cry: “If Radiohead sells loads of In Rainbows, then why, oh why, can’t I”
- Will Total Music Be Total Crap? – And will anybody even really care, for that matter?
- Prepare for the Worst: 4 Simple Digital Media Backup Solutions – Because you want to make sure that all of that music you’ve ripped is safe. Forever.
- Ash in a Digital Earn – Rounding out our “Dancing on the Ashes of The Music Industry’s Grave (Yes, That Is A Mixed Metaphor) Week,” Tim offers his thoughts as he discovers one of his favorite bands, Ash, is rerouting their career focus. Because, now, they can.