Today’s links of interest:
- A.V. Club Interview: Demetri Martin
The A.V. Club interviews Demetri Martin, who’s new Comedy Central show might just be the funniest new thing we’ve seen so far this year.
- Murdoch on the prowl for print sales
New York Times? LA Times? Maybe that’s why Murdoch is taking over so many of Peter Chernin’s duties.
- Octuplets mother offered $1M porn contract
The only question is, what took them so long? The whole thing has pretty much been porn from the start, so might as well formalize it.
- Hearst wants ‘significant’ cuts at Chronicle
Wow. At least one of your ‘lopers has been reading the San Francisco Chronicle for his entire life — his parents subscribed from Fresno — and has an emotional attachment to it that probably outstrips nearly another periodical that currently exists. So, the threat to shut it down if they can’t reverse the losses or find a buyer just makes him sad.
- Soft Skull 2.0 comes to an end
Very sad news, but also, given our faith in Richard Nash’s brain and skills, most likely this is the beginning of something big.
- Eugene Mirman’s advice for surviving high school, getting into college, and surviving drugs and rock
Not necessarily in that order.
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom’s Threesome Movie Hitting Theaters
Said film is called The Trouble With Love. We happen to be friends with one of the co-writers of this film, and are pretty sure that when he was working on it, he didn’t envision it being referred to as “Jennifer Siebel Newsom’s Threesome Movie.”
- Eminem sues Universal over digital royalties
Let’s hope Eminem doesn’t doesn’t settle out of court like Courtney Love did a few years back. Someone needs to to set a precedent.
- 5 Reasons Chernin’s Exit Puts Hulu in Danger
We were skeptical of Hulu, realized its potential, and now worry. All in the space of one year.