Today’s links of interest:
- 8 Things That Suck About the iPad
And so the backlash begins. And this doesn’t even mention that it costs you $130 extra for the privilege of spending up to $360 per year with ATT. Even if you already have an iPhone.
- Baby boomers get their revenge with Leno’s return to ‘Tonight’
Wow, is this EVER misguided. 1. The WHOLE point of Conan wasn’t that he was a cool kid, but rather, that he was a nerd. 2. With the audience for TV going away, the ratings system — which was ever a crock of shit — needed demographic tuning to support shows that had some kind of edge. 3. Baby Boomers have dominated the culture for decades, so gods forbid ANY of them get replaced by an Xer.
- Nearly Half Of Netflix Subscribers Now Watch Streams Online
Yup. We just watched Season 1 of Party Down entirely via Netflix stream, and plan to do so with Season 2 when it kicks in. And in between: catching up with some classic Tom Baker Doctor Who episodes.
- Katy Perry: I’d quit singing to be a permanent ‘American Idol’ judge
Please, gods, make it so. With Simon Cowell out of the picture, American Idol will finally slink off into cultural irrelevance, and being able to take Katy Perry down at the same time would be a two-fer!
- Franz Nicolay Talks Tap Dancing, Vaudeville and Why He Left The Hold Steady
He gets all fancy schmancy with his analogies, but it it boils down to, er creative differences.