Today’s links of interest:
- Activision eyes ‘Guitar Hero’ TV series, tour
In our day, we called it air guitar.
- Dijon Derangement Syndrome: Conservative media attack Obama for burger order
You have got to be kidding. These people are completely deranged!
- Fox Estimates Wolverine Downloads at 4 Million
Okay, so Fox needs to explain these numbers (real, made up?) and how the leaked copy translated to lost sales. ‘Cause you know what’s gonna kill Wolverine? Yep, the release of Star Trek, Skylar version.
- Reporter to NY Times Publisher: You Erased My Career
The real news is that this reporter just noticed. This was big news in the SEO community last month because NYT effectively killed search ranking for a huge number of IHT stories (which are presumably buried somewhere in the main NYT site now). But, since newspapers hate Google anyway, lack of Google rank shouldn’t be a problem now, should it?
- U.S. journalist in Iran freed from prison
Very good news for Roxana Saberi and her family.
- Rocking Out at Denny’s?
Holy crap! This article acts as if young, drunk people going to Denny’s because it never closes is some kind of new trend instead of a tradition handed down over the years.
- Playboy Plans ‘Radical Changes’ to Print Model
Let your imaginations run wild!
- KROQ’s Kevin Bean Goes National Today
Ah, 20 years later. Remember when they were the fresh-faced kids you listened to in the morning?
- Miss California keeps her crown, and her opinions
Trying to remember why we care about this in any way, shape or form. Then realized that we didn’t.
- It’s Lost Traffic, Buzz — But Don’t Count AOL Out
Call us cynical, but we’re not feeling this one yet.
- Who’ll pay for 3-D glasses?
And you thought you had problems!
- Ticketmaster’s Legal-Scalping Site Continues To Give Bruce Springsteen Fans Headaches
In continuing news: Ticketmaster still sucks. And letting them combine with Live Nation would be one of the worst things ever for music fans.
- The House Next Door: Hey, Fox. Save Dollhouse
Not as important as NBC saving Chuck, of course, but the second half of Dollhouse’s season what we expect from a show with Joss Whedon’s name on it. And we’d love to see another season that continued to explore this world.
- Is This NBC’s Fall Schedule? (Hmm… Chuck Returning, Southland on Friday)
Nikke Finke posts what appears to be the close-to-final NBC prime time schedule. Far too much Leno for our taste. Also, note schedule change for Chuck. Not a problem for TiVo-types, but wreaks havoc on the DVR users.
- Kindle Publishing Now Open To All Blogs
Amazon opens up the pay-for-blogs on your Kindle service to all blogs.