While you were recovering from taking part in the final battles in the War on Easter, and already planning your renewed assault on Christmas, here’s what we were looking at:
- When Good Things Happen To Good Television – Kassia discovers Scrubs. The rest of us (especially the ones who discovered it last year) wonder what took so long.
- Don’t Look Back: Start Over Might Be Gaining On You – Time-Warner’s “Start Over” might be a little bit too appropriately named: they want us to start over at the beginning of TV, when there was no way to fast-forward through commercials.
- Apple Does Windows – Big Deal (maybe) – Apple’s latest method of getting people to switch involves putting XP on a Mac. So they prove how sucky XP is to people who already believe that it’s sucky? Hey Apple, you want more people to purchase your machines? Lower your prices!!!!!
- The Wild West: Advertising Style – Why adversting on MySpace may not be all that easy. Also: why using a song about smack heroin to sell whiskey might not be all that smart. Ya think?
- Where Have All The Howard’s (Fans) Gone? – Why Jim chose not to follow Howard Stern to Sirius. And, in the comments, why Sirius makes Tim fine with the fact that his commute has become longer.
- How The Single Will Rule The World – Don’t call it a comeback, it’s been here for years: downloading and randomization makes the almighty single more powerful than ever. But will it use that power wisely?
- That’s What I Like: Veronica Mars – In the first of a new weekly series of mash notes written by various ‘lopers to things we enjoy, Jim goes on about a perhaps-to-be-dead TV show that he loves. And on. And on. And on.