While you were busy rationalizing leaking classified information in order to embarass your critics, here are some of the things that we’ve been covering on Medialoper in the past week or so:
- The Prism DuroSport 6000 – Worst Digital Audio Player Ever! – The controversial review that put the heretofore little-known DuroSport Electronics company on the map. Considering their response to our reviews of their player and accessories, I have a feeling that we haven’t heard the last of them.
- Why People Download Shared Music – The thought process, broken into four easy steps! Also: The Replacements!!
- Piracy, Perks, and DRM – How buying used CDs hurts artists. The solution: no more physical promo copies, and DRM for downloadable promotional music. Whaaaa?
- Why People Steal Movies – At least partially because the much-touted movie downloads are more hat than cattle at this point.
- Why Google Music Won’t Matter – iTunes has the lead, and the only way to really break that lead is to offer something different to the consumer by doing things that the Music Industry doesn’t like. Different things, BTW, than the things that iTunes is already doing to piss the Music Industry off.
- Podcasting Versus Fundraising: The Public Radio Challenge – How podcasts can help public radio stations build audiences who will give during fundraising.