While you were relishing the chance to make yet more Uranus jokes, here’s what we were looking at:
- CBS Reaffirms Its Commitment To Appointment Television – CBS’ online newscasts: one step up, two steps back. What’s the point in doing online news and restricting access by time zone?
- Watch Out For Falling Serpents!! – Hey everybody! Remember that whole Snakes on a Plane thing? Wasn’t that funny? Absolutely one of the best pop culture moments of Springtime 2006.
- What Happens When Your Radio Station Switches Formats – You don’t have to be a Country Music fan to understand the reasons why the wholesale abandoment of the format by radio in our larger metropolitian areas sucks. Adding insult to injury in Los Angeles: the return of hack DJ Rick Dees.
- There Is A Cure For the Summer Tube Blues – Stop whining about nothing being on TV and start watching these shows!! Oh wait, most of them have their finales this week. Oh well, there’s always next summer.
- Hollywood Today – Not so different from Hollywood yesterday. Which doesn’t bode so well for Hollywood tomorrow.
- The Truth About Pluto’s Demotion – Neptune is celebrating, as it always regarded Pluto as a bit of a poseur. No word on what Uranus thinks, which is weird, as it’s usually not shy about expressing itself.
- That’s What I Like: WordPress – You gotta love a Web Pub Tool that makes it this easy for schlubs like me to immediately share our bad jokes with the rest of the world.
- Zune Autopsy Photos Revealed By FCC – Still looks better than the Prism Durosport 6000.