While you were rushing out to buy Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest on DVD, we were looking at piracy of another sort:
- What is Piracy? Part Two – An online auction of a rare Velvet Underground acetate — which went for $155,401 — prompts a week-long discussion on piracy and bootlegs.
- Perspectives On Piracy: From Amazon to eBay – If you only knew the hoops Jim is jumping through to not purchase a pirated set of Everwood seasons two through four for me.
- Why Consumers Buy Pirated Media Products – Like, for example, availability…Hey Warner Bros! Did you hear that? Can you put the rest of the seaons of Everwood out already?!?
- TV Shows I’d Like To See on DVD Part 2: The Piracy Perplex – Now you know the hoops Jim is jumping through to get Everwood for me.
- That’s What I Like: Bootlegs – Our blue-haired lawyer would like us to point out that “liking” bootlegs is not the same as creating, endorsing, or profiting from said artifacts.
- 18 Bootlegs That Need To Be Released Right Now – Jim goes on and on (and on and on and on) (while I really wanted to start our weekend, already) about various bootlegs . . . that of course he would never actually own until they were released by the proper rights holders.