While you were making fun of people who were queuing up for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, here’s what we were looking at:
- Internet Radio Gets a Stay of Execution – Unfortunately, the mindset that brought it very nearly to death is still very much alive.
- 5 Ways To Improve eMusic – If you’re an eMusic subscriber, it’s worth it to read this just for that great tip left in the comments.
- A Land Where Politics and the Internet Don’t Mix – That would be Japan, where there is actually a ban on politicians updating their websites during election season.
- The Definition of Unwarranted: Appreciating the Slow, Boring Star Trek Movie – Sherilyn makes a helluva case for reconsidering the first Star Trek movie. Also, I’m not sure that it’s actually the definition of unwarranted. That would be appreciation for Enterprise.
- Harry Potter and the Liveblogging of the Delivery of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” – Talk about unwarranted: this entire post, the original premise of which was that it would talk all day for the book to show up. Instead, an awesome USPS worker hand-delivered it to me at 10:30, thereby spoiling much hilarity that was to ensue as the hours ticked away. Or not. Most likely, not. Instead, I spent the rest of yesterday and most of today reading it from cover to cover. What happens? Find out for yourself.