While you were figuring out ways of getting around your Network Admin policy of cutting you off from March Madness, we were dissecting the panels we attended at this year’s SXSW:
- Librarians vs. The Search Giants – Sure, that sounds like a particularly bad Monty Python skit, instead, it’s a spot-on recap of a SXSWi panel about the issues surrounding the digitialization of books.
- My Sony Settlement, Part 1 – Is there anything more disheartening than being part of the winning side of a class-action settlement against a evil multinational?
- Fast, Cheap, and Redefining News: Rocketboom – Can people still create quality content without being backed by huge corporate infrastructure? Duh!
- The Darknet Panel: Meet the Consumer – Wanted: a way to be anti-piracy without being anti-consumer.
- Nick Denton is the Most Generous Man on the Internet – Another report from SXSW, but less on a hard-hitting panel discussion, and more about free drinks and pool playing Roombas. Really.