While you were wondering when the NSA was going to contact you about that “harmless” joke you made on the phone that one time, here’s what we were talking about:
- Riding The New Innertube — Maybe not so much riding, but more like sitting in the water, waiting in vain for a current.
- TiVo’s Ad Finder – Sometimes, people go looking for ads. No, really, they do.
- What About eBooks? — While everybody else is rushing headlong into the digital era, the publishing industry is taking its own sweet time.
- Ode To The Simple Television — Of course, the headlong rush by the nets to provide all of their content digitally means that they are creating foolish hobgoblins of their own UI inconsistencies. They should do well to remember how easy it is to use the device that their websites are trying to emulate/replace.
- Requiem For Cody’s – Just another indie store biting the dust, that’s all.
- When DVDs Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Send DVDs — How much you wanna bet that the drug-sniffing dogs make fun of the dogs who have the job of sniffing out counterfeit DVDs?
- That’s What I Like: TiVo — Kassia talks about the most revolutionary content-oriented invention of the new millenium, which is only now beginning to really take off. Hopefully TiVo itself will end up being more than just the verb.