While you were busy watching your team get eliminated from the baseball playoffs, here’s what we were looking at:
- Tower Records Is Dead and I Won’t Miss It Much – Kirk takes a look at the downfall of Tower Records, why it hapend and why he won’t miss it.
- Turning DRM into a Dirty Word – And when it becomes a dirty word, it won’t nearly be as fun to use as “frack.”
- Google’s Bid For World Domination – $1.65 billion? Google could have had Medialoper for half that much.
- Report From The Field: Nobody’s Paying Attention – A bit of market research provides interesting results.
- That’s What I Like: Postseason Baseball – The constant checking of the cellphone needs to stop, but he’s right. Postseason baseball is slightly addictive.
- Requiem For Tower Records – Jim takes a more nostalgic look at the demise of Tower Records. And I’m to believe there’s a 15-year old living inside Jim? I would have guessed it was a 12-year old.