While you were busy remembering Katrina or gearing up for college football here is what we were doing:
- How Not To Sell Books – Yet another example of a company that doesn’t understand how to properly market themselves on the web.
- Why Pitchfork Scares Adults – What makes a good review? Passion for the topic. Something a lot of reviewers seem to lack.
- Why HD DVDs Won’t Save Hollywood – Jim explains his reasons why we won’t be switching to HD DVD or Blu-ray, much to our bank account’s great relief.
- Will Spiral Frog Leap Into Our Music Collections? – …somehow I don’t think so.
- More Politicians In The New World – Is the appearance of Mark Warner in Second Life an anamoly or a harbinger of these to come?
- The Futility Of DRM – As the amount of available digital content grows so do the issues with DRM.
- That’s What I Like: Salon – So much to love. Here’s just a taste.
- No Virginia, There Is No lonelygirl15 – Call us cynical, but lonelygirl15 is probably anything but what she appears to be, a random teenager posting her video diary.